adverb. ['ˈstrɔŋli'] in a powerful manner.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- strong (English)
- strong (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Strongly
Example sentences of the word strongly
Clean the window sills from top to bottom with a strongly scented pine cleaner.
Quotes containing the word strongly
1. Draw your pleasure, paint your pleasure, and express your pleasure strongly.
- Pierre Bonnard
2. I do feel strongly that string theory is our best hope for making progress at unifying gravity and quantum mechanics.
- Brian Greene
3. If a work of art is rich and vital and complete, those who have artistic instincts will see its beauty, and those to whom ethics appeal more strongly than aesthetics will see its moral lesson. It will fill the cowardly with terror, and the unclean will see in it their own shame.
- Oscar Wilde