Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈsteɪtɪd'] declared as fact; explicitly stated.
Rhymes with Stated
How do you pronounce stated?
Pronounce stated as ˈsteɪtɪd.
US - How to pronounce stated in American English
UK - How to pronounce stated in British English
Sentences with stated
1. Verb, past tense
Some users have found the feature difficult to use and stated a lack of customer support.
2. Verb, past participle
The difference between the interest calculated from the stated interest and the effective interest can be quite significant.
They offer a stated interest rate of return and are less volatile than common stocks.
Quotes about stated
1. It is often stated that of all the theories proposed in this century, the silliest is quantum theory. In fact, some say that the only thing that quantum theory has going for it is that it is unquestionably correct.
- Michio Kaku, Hyperspace
2. The complexities of adult life get in the way of the truth. The great philosophers have always been able to clear away the complexities and see simple distinctions - simple once they are stated, vastly difficult before. If we are to follow them we too must be childishly simple in our questions - and maturely wise in our replies.
- Mortimer J. Adler, How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading
3. Everything stated or expressed by man is a note in the margin of a completely erased text. From what's in the note we can extract the gist of what must have been in the text, but there's always a doubt, and the possible meanings are many.
- Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet