Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈstɛrɪŋ'] without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers.
- close up
Rhymes with Staring
Sentences with staring
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
On those occasions when you have caught your best friend staring in your direction, he quickly looks away.
Quotes about staring
1. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.
- Marilyn Monroe
2. Can I help you with something?"Clary turned instant traitor against her gender. "Those girls on the other side of the car are staring at you."Jace assumed an air of mellow gratification. "Of course they are,"he said, "I am stunningly attractive.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
3. You smell good, too,” said PatchIt’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.”Naked. I know the drill.
- Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush
adjective. ['ˈstɛrɪŋ'] (used of eyes) open and fixed as if in fear or wonder.