noun. ['ˈstɛrz'] a flight of stairs or a flight of steps.
Words that Rhyme with Stairs
Example sentences of the word stairs
1. Noun, plural
Sometimes you may need to cut more to use on the rest of the stairs.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
Keep the stair-to-tread ratio on newly-constructed bottom stairs the same as upper stairs.
Quotes containing the word stairs
1. If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.
- Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me
2. Books are no more threatened by Kindle than stairs by elevators.
- Stephen Fry
3. I visited Jobs for the last time in his Palo Alto, Calif., home. He had moved to a downstairs bedroom because he was too weak to go up and down stairs. He was curled up in some pain, but his mind was still sharp and his humor vibrant.
- Walter Isaacson