noun. ['ˈspɝːm'] the male reproductive cell; the male gamete.
- sperm cell
- seminal fluid
- male reproductive system
- stay in place
- sperme (Middle French (ca. 1400-1600))
- sperma (Latin)
Rhymes with Sperm
Sentences with sperm
1. Noun, singular or mass
This thick mucus acts as a barrier that the sperm cannot pass to reach the ovum.
Male mammals produce gametes called sperm while female mammals produce gametes called eggs.
These spermatids do not undergo any further divisions but continue to differentiate to become sperm cells.
4. Noun, plural
The IUD does this mainly by causing inflammation that damages or kills sperm and might also damage eggs.
Quotes about sperm
1. It is a well-documented fact that guys will not ask for directions. This is a biological thing. This is why it takes several million sperm cells... to locate a female egg, despite the fact that the egg is, relative to them, the size of Wisconsin.
- Dave Barry
2. Gabi to Marcus "I can't believe out of one hundred thousand sperm, you were the fastest!
- Cherise Sinclair, Make Me, Sir
3. America used to live by the motto "Father Knows Best."Now we're lucky if "Father Knows He Has Children."We've become a nation of sperm donors and baby daddies.
- Stephen Colbert, I Am America
adjective. filled with sperm.