noun. ['ˈspɛlɪŋ'] forming words with letters according to the principles underlying accepted usage.
- letter of the alphabet
- alphabetic character
Words that Rhyme with Spelling
Example sentences of the word spelling
1. Noun, singular or mass
Do not trust spell checking to make sure that your grammar and spelling are correct.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Lay out your leather stamps spelling the name you will stamp.
Quotes containing the word spelling
1. Spelling Bees are useless and unnecessary competitions. Before Microsoft Word and Google, Spelling Bees had value, but now they are all superflewus.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
2. Well, I can understand how you feel. You worked hard, studying for the spelling bee, and I suppose you feel you let everyone down, and you made a fool of yourself and everything. But did you notice something, Charlie Brown?""What's that?""The world didn't come to an end.
- Charles M. Schulz
3. In high school I tried out for the spelling team, but only because I really wanted a letter jacket.
- Jarod Kintz, This is the story my great-grandfather told my father, who then told my grandfather, who then told me about how The Mythical Mr. Boo, Charles Manseur Fizzlebush Grissham III, better known as Mr. Fizzlebush, and Orafoura are all in fact me...