Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈsmuːðli'] with no problems or difficulties.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- smooth (English)
- smoothe (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Smoothly
How do you pronounce smoothly?
Pronounce smoothly as sˈmuðli.
US - How to pronounce smoothly in American English
UK - How to pronounce smoothly in British English
Sentences with smoothly
It is best to plan an exit strategy for the call so that the call will end smoothly.
Make sure that the doors open and close smoothly and that the two halves line up evenly.
3. Noun, singular or mass
A masonry saw is useful for cutting larger, thicker pieces of ledgestone smoothly straight through.
Quotes about smoothly
1. You know it's never fifty-fifty in a marriage. It's always seventy-thirty, or sixty-forty. Someone falls in love first. Someone puts someone else up on a pedestal. Someone works very hard to keep things rolling smoothly; someone else sails along for the ride.
- Jodi Picoult, Mercy
2. Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.
- Brian Tracy, Focal Point: A Proven System to Simplify Your Life, Double Your Productivity, and Achieve All Your Goals