Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈsmoʊldɝɪŋ'] showing scarcely suppressed anger.
Rhymes with Smoldering
Sentences with smoldering
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Add a flirty smile or smoldering wink to add another layer of sexuality to the pictures.
Quotes about smoldering
1. Humor starts like a wildfire, but then continues on, smoldering, smoldering for years.
- Robert Orben
2. Don't die on me,"she ordered. "You are not dying on me.""Yes, ma'am."He felt light-headed, but she was about the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. Her hair was smoldering. Her face was smudged with soot. She had a cut on her arm, her dress was torn, and she was missing a boot. Beautiful.
- Rick Riordan, The Lost Hero
3. I used to think mercy meant showing kindness to someone who didn't deserve it, as if only the recipient defined the act. The girl in between has learned that mercy is defined by its giver. Our flaws are obvious, yet we are loved and able t love, if we choose, because there is that bit of the divine still smoldering in us.
- Susan Meissner, The Shape of Mercy