Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈslɪpɪŋ'] moving as on a slippery surface.
Rhymes with Slipping
How do you pronounce slipping?
Pronounce slipping as sˈlɪpɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce slipping in American English
UK - How to pronounce slipping in British English
Sentences with slipping
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
This will help to keep the cover from slipping off of your shoe as you wear it.
A slipping transmission is the most common sign of clutch problems.
Quotes about slipping
1. It felt as if things were literally slipping through my fingers. Things were just streaming away from me. I lost my sense of humor. I'm still looking for that.
- Michelle Williams
2. One more time? For the audience?"he says. His voice isn't angry. It's hollow, which is worse. Already the boy with the bread is slipping away from me.I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I will finally have to let go.
- Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
3. Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.
- A.A. Milne