Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈslaɪdɪŋ'] being a smooth continuous motion.
Rhymes with Sliding
How do you pronounce sliding?
Pronounce sliding as sˈlaɪdɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce sliding in American English
UK - How to pronounce sliding in British English
Sentences with sliding
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Remove the blinds from the window by sliding them out of the clip.
Quotes about sliding
1. Take off your shirt."Jace raised his eyebrows. "I'm not going to attack you,"she said impatiently. "I can take the sight of your naked chest without swooning.""Are you sure?"he asked, obediently sliding the shirt off his shoulders. "Because viewing my naked chest has caused many women to seriously injure themselves stampeding to get to me.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Lost Souls
2. Each child’s story is worthy of telling. There shouldn’t be a sliding scale of death. The weight of it is crushing.
- Anderson Cooper, Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival
3. She was the most wonderful woman for prowling about the house. How she got from one story to another was a mystery beyond solution. A lady so decorous in herself, and so highly connected, was not to be suspected of dropping over the banisters or sliding down them, yet her extraordinary facility of locomotion suggested the wild idea.
- Charles Dickens, Hard Times