noun. ['ˈskʌl'] the bony skeleton of the head of vertebrates.
- sphenoid bone
- cranial orbit
- os sphenoidale
- jugal bone
- eye socket
- zygomatic bone
- craniometric point
- orbital cavity
- malar bone
- os zygomaticum
Rhymes with Skull
How do you pronounce skull?
Pronounce skull as skəl.
US - How to pronounce skull in American English
UK - How to pronounce skull in British English
Sentences with skull
Kapalabhati pranayama, also known as skull shining breath, is a form or kriya, or cleansing.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Begin at the base of his skull and strip down the back of his neck to his withers.
Quotes about skull
1. I haven't any right to criticize books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticize Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Every time I read Pride and Prejudice I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.
- Mark Twain
2. I love when my cat crushes his forehead into mine like my skull is an empty beer can. But it’s not—there’s still a sip left.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. My skull is soundproof. And thank God too, or else you’d be able to hear all the horrible things I’m thinking about you.
- Jarod Kintz, At even one penny, this book would be overpriced. In fact, free is too expensive, because you'd still waste time by reading it.