Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈskɪmd'] used of milk and milk products from which the cream has been removed.
Rhymes with Skimmed
Sentences with skimmed
1. Verb, past participle
What is the likelihood your RFID-enabled credit cards will be skimmed by a thief who brushes past you?
Made from skimmed cow's milk, it is often aged for two to four years.
Quotes about skimmed
1. As his raft skimmed over the water, taking him back to the mortal world, he understood a line from the Prophecy better-an oath to keep with a final breath.He understood how dangerous oaths could be. But Leo didn't care."I'm coming back for you, Calypso,"he said to the night wind. "I swear it on the River Styx.
- Rick Riordan
2. His fingers skimmed down her body, over skin and satin, and she shivered, leaning into him, and she was sure they both tasted like blood and ashes and salt, but it didn't matter; the world, the city, and all it's lights and life seemed to have narrowed down to this, just her and Jace, the burning heart of a frozen world.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels
3. I skimmed the pond scum with a spoon like broth in a soup bowl. Why does everything have to remind me of her?
- Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title