adjective. ['ˈskɪld'] having or showing or requiring special skill.
Words that Rhyme with Skilled
Example sentences of the word skilled
However, they're also skilled hunters who will eat insects, small mammals, birds and fish.
2. Verb, past participle
The institute emphasizes basic skills training and instilling educational elements in the students to transform them into skilled professionals.
Quotes containing the word skilled
1. While it is true that Frank had a great sense of humor, he was also very serious about composing music. In reality there are only a handful of skilled players who can play his most complex pieces. It takes a lot of patience to learn and requires a fantastic memory.
- Dweezil Zappa
2. When I win, it’s because I’m skilled. When I lose, it’s because my opponent is lucky. But when I fall in love, it’s because I’m lucky and she’s skilled.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. Keep your friends for friendship, but work with the skilled and competent
- Robert Greene, The 48 Laws of Power