noun. ['ˈsɪnɝ'] a person who sins (without repenting).
- -er (English)
- -er (Middle English (1100-1500))
- sin (English)
- sinne (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Sinner
Example sentences of the word sinner
1. Noun, singular or mass
According to the idea of original sin, every person is a sinner by virtue of being human.
Quotes containing the word sinner
1. Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.
- Oscar Wilde
2. But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
- Mark Twain
3. Hate the sin, love the sinner.
- Mahatma Gandhi