noun. ['ˈsɪlvɝˌwɛr'] tableware made of silver or silver plate or pewter or stainless steel.
- -ware (English)
- software (English)
- silver (English)
- silver (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Silverware
Example sentences of the word silverware
1. Noun, singular or mass
Rinse each piece of silverware in cold water, making sure to remove all of the cleaning paste.
Quotes containing the word silverware
1. On the morning of Thanksgiving, I would wake up to the home smelling of all good things, wafting upstairs to my room. I would set the table with the fancy silverware and china and hope that my parents and grandmother wouldn't have the annual Thanksgiving fight about Richard Nixon.
- Debi Mazar
2. Early on I set out to write the next Great American Novel, and then later on I set out the silverware and enjoyed my dinner in silence.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title
3. I just bought a new dishwasher. Some guy was selling two of them in a barn, and it was either that or get a horse, but horses leave spots on silverware.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE