Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈsaɪˌdweɪz'] to, toward or at one side.
Rhymes with Sideways
How do you pronounce sideways?
Pronounce sideways as ˈsaɪdˌweɪz.
US - How to pronounce sideways in American English
UK - How to pronounce sideways in British English
Sentences with sideways
1. Noun, plural
Place your left foot sideways, with the right foot in front of it and facing forward.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
Sweep the floor sideways with your foot.
Quotes about sideways
1. You smell good, too,” said PatchIt’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.”Naked. I know the drill.
- Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush
2. I didn't know you had a girlfriend, Griggs."Anson Choi feigns surprise. "What's her name?""I didn't actually catch her name,"Griggs continues."Lily,"Raffaela says over her shoulder and this time I give her a sideways look."Great to know that I'm in love with a girl with a cool name.""It's Taylor's middle name,"Raffaela calls back again.
- Melina Marchetta, On the Jellicoe Road
3. Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or sideways.
- H. Jackson Brown Jr.
adverb. ['ˈsaɪˌdweɪz'] toward one side.
adverb. ['ˈsaɪˌdweɪz'] from the side; obliquely.
adjective. ['ˈsaɪˌdweɪz'] (of movement) at an angle.
adverb. ['ˈsaɪˌdweɪz'] with one side forward or to the front.