noun. ['ˈʃaɪnəs'] a feeling of fear of embarrassment.
- -ness (English)
- shy (English)
- shy (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Shyness
Example sentences of the word shyness
1. Noun, singular or mass
Fear or lack of confidence can be one of the primary causes of shyness in a pup.
Quotes containing the word shyness
1. And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.
- Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
2. I wondered how many people there were in the world who suffered, and continued to suffer, because they could not break out from their own web of shyness and reserve, and in their blindness and folly built up a great distorted wall in front of them that hid the truth.
- Daphne du Maurier, Rebecca
3. The arrogance that says analysing the relationship between reasons and causes is more important than writing a philosophy of shyness or sadness or friendship drives me nuts. I can't accept that.
- Alain de Botton