noun. ['ˈʃʌtɪŋ'] the act of closing something.
Words that Rhyme with Shutting
Example sentences of the word shutting
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
You may feel like shutting out the rest of the world.
Quotes containing the word shutting
1. Years of imprisoning and beheading writers never succeeded in shutting them out. However, placing them in the heart of a market and rewarding them with a lot of commercial success, has.
- Arundhati Roy
2. The biggest challenge after success is shutting up about it.
- Criss Jami
3. Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it. - Amir
- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner