Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈʃrɪŋk'] wither, as with a loss of moisture.
- die down
- dry up
- shrivel up
Rhymes with Shrink
Sentences with shrink
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
As your monthly debt payments shrink, put more money into your retirement fund.
2. Verb, base form
They can sometimes shrink as much as a half size this way.
3. Noun, singular or mass
Place the roll of shrink wrap at the top of the work space.
Quotes about shrink
1. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
- Thomas Paine
2. It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
3. I don't think life is absurd. I think we are all here for a huge purpose. I think we shrink from the immensity of the purpose we are here for.
- Norman Mailer
noun. the clinging transparent plastic film that is used to shrinkwrap something.
noun. software on CD-ROMs that are boxed and shrink-wrapped and sold in stores (implying a widely supported standard platform).
- computer software
- software package
- software program
- information processing system
verb. ['ˈʃrɪŋk'] draw back, as with fear or pain.
verb. ['ˈʃrɪŋk'] reduce in size; reduce physically.
- scale down
verb. ['ˈʃrɪŋk'] become smaller or draw together.
verb. ['ˈʃrɪŋk'] decrease in size, range, or extent.
noun. ['ˈʃrɪŋk'] a physician who specializes in psychiatry.