Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsoʊɪŋ'] joining or attaching by stitches.
- blind stitching
- cast on
- cast off
Rhymes with Sewing
How do you pronounce sewing?
Pronounce sewing as soʊɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce sewing in American English
UK - How to pronounce sewing in British English
Sentences with sewing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Place a leather needle and leather foot into your sewing machine.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Press the fabric and use a hand slipstitch to sew the end or finish on your sewing machine.
Sew this new hemline using a sewing machine or by hand.
Quotes about sewing
1. Ride?"Rhage snorted. "Please. That thing is a sewing machine with an air dam taped to it. My GTO could dust the fucker in fourth gear from a dead stop."When there was an odd sound from behind, John looked back. So did the three Brothers. "What."Xhex bristled and crossed her arms over her chest. "I can laugh, you know. And that's . . . pretty damn funny."Rhage beamed. "I knew I liked you.
- J.R. Ward, Lover Mine
2. The point is that no matter what you choose to do with your body when you die, it won't, ultimately, be very appealing. If you are inclined to donate yourself to science, you should not let images of dissection or dismemberment put you off. They are no more or less gruesome, in my opinion, than ordinary decay or the sewing shut of your jaws via your nostrils for a funeral viewing.
- Mary Roach, Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
3. The Sewing Machine CharmTo A Life Bound by Family, The Thread That Ties Us All Together
- Viola Shipman, The Charm Bracelet
noun. a sewing stitch made by a sewing machine, sometimes using more than one thread.
- sewing stitch
- machine stitch
noun. someone who sews by operating a sewing machine.
- good luck
noun. ['ˈsoʊɪŋ'] needlework on which you are working with needle and thread.