noun. ['ˈsɛtəlɪŋ, ˈsɛtlɪŋ'] a gradual sinking to a lower level.
Words that Rhyme with Settling
Example sentences of the word settling
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
This helps to keep the stone from settling too quickly into the soil.
2. Noun, singular or mass
They separate the solid waste from the water itself through a natural settling process.
Quotes containing the word settling
1. The one thing I don't consume during 'Today' - which surprises many people - is coffee. I find that a lot of water helps wake me up, without the buzz. I love coffee, but usually reserve a double espresso as an afternoon pick-me-up before settling in to do the weekend 'Nightly News.'
- Lester Holt
2. Give a girl an education and introduce her properly into the world, and ten to one but she has the means of settling well, without further expense to anybody.
- Jane Austen
3. Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we're settling for.
- Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass