noun. ['ˌsɛntəmɛnˈtælɪti, ˌsɛnəmɛnˈtælɪti'] falsely emotional in a maudlin way.
Words that Rhyme with Sentimentality
Example sentences of the word sentimentality
1. Noun, singular or mass
The sentimentality toward dogs as pets that continues today began in the Victorian age.
Quotes containing the word sentimentality
1. Only a struggle twists sentimentality and lust together into love.
- E. M. Forster
2. I drive around the streetsan inch away from weeping,ashamed of my sentimentality andpossible love.
- Charles Bukowski, Love is a Dog from Hell
3. Dying is overrated. Human sentimentality has twisted it into the ultimate act of love. Biggest load of bullshit in the world. Dying for someone isn't the hard thing. The man that dies escapes. Plain and simple. Game over. End of pain...Try living for someone. Through it all-good, bad, thick, thin, joy, suffering. That's the hard thing.
- Karen Marie Moning, Shadowfever
noun. ['ˌsɛntəmɛnˈtælɪti, ˌsɛnəmɛnˈtælɪti'] extravagant or affected feeling or emotion.