Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈsɛldəm'] not often.
- seldan (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Seldom
How do you pronounce seldom?
Pronounce seldom as ˈsɛldəm.
US - How to pronounce seldom in American English
UK - How to pronounce seldom in British English
Sentences with seldom
1. Noun, singular or mass
They do not stand up well to extreme temperatures and seldom bounce back from a fall.
Sturgeon is a special-occasion fish, one you'll seldom have an opportunity to cook.
Quotes about seldom
1. Men of age object too much, consult too long, adventure too little, repent too soon, and seldom drive business home to the full period, but content themselves with a mediocrity of success.
- Dale Carnegie
2. Well-behaved women seldom make history.
- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History
3. But Hopes are Shy Birds flying at a great distance seldom reached by the best of Guns.
- John James Audubon