adverb. ['ˈsiːkrɪtli'] in secrecy; not openly.
- in secret
- on the Q.T.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- secret (English)
- secrette (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Secretly
Sentences with secretly
The keylogger is secretly installed when the recipient downloads and installs the executable file.
Quotes about secretly
1. I think most of the people involved in any art always secretly wonder whether they are really there because they're good or there because they're lucky.
- Katharine Hepburn
2. To cement a new friendship, especially between foreigners or persons of a different social world, a spark with which both were secretly charged must fly from person to person, and cut across the accidents of place and time.
- Cornelia Otis Skinner
3. I love you as certain dark things are loved, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.
- Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss