adverb. ['ˈsiːkrɪtli'] in secrecy; not openly.
- in secret
- on the Q.T.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- secret (English)
- secrette (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Secretly
Example sentences of the word secretly
The keylogger is secretly installed when the recipient downloads and installs the executable file.
Quotes containing the word secretly
1. I think most of the people involved in any art always secretly wonder whether they are really there because they're good or there because they're lucky.
- Katharine Hepburn
2. To cement a new friendship, especially between foreigners or persons of a different social world, a spark with which both were secretly charged must fly from person to person, and cut across the accidents of place and time.
- Cornelia Otis Skinner
3. I love you as certain dark things are loved, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.
- Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss