noun. ['ˈsiːˌwiːd'] plant growing in the sea, especially marine algae.
- sea wrack
- sea tang
- sea (English)
- see (Middle English (1100-1500))
- weed (English)
- weod (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Words that Rhyme with Seaweed
Example sentences of the word seaweed
1. Noun, singular or mass
While seaweed does look like a plant, seaweed is not a plant.
2. Foreign word
Contrary to what we may believe, seaweed is not a plant.
3. Verb, past participle
The green skin in which sushi is wrapped is called nori, and it is seaweed.
Quotes containing the word seaweed
1. What if it lines up like it did in the Trojan War ... Athena versus Poseidon?""I don't know. But I just know that I'll be fighting next to you.""Why?""Because you're my friend, Seaweed Brain. Any more stupid questions?
- Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief
2. She glared at me like she was about to punch me, but then she did something that surprised me even more. She kissed me."Be careful seaweed brain."She said putting on her invisible cap and disappearing.I probably would have sat there all day, trying to remember my name, but then the sea demons came.
- Rick Riordan
3. Before I could lose my courage, I said, "Don't I get a kiss for luck? It's kind of a tradition, right?"I figured she would punch me. Instead, she drew her knife and stared at the army marching toward us. "Come back alive, Seaweed Brain. Then, we'll see.
- Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian