noun. ['ˈskræps'] food that is discarded (as from a kitchen).
- waste material
- waste matter
- waste product
- food waste
Rhymes with Scraps
Sentences with scraps
1. Noun, plural
This includes cat food, bird food and any other scraps that may be lying around.
Quotes about scraps
1. I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.
- Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum
2. Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.
- Roger A. Caras
3. Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.
- Aleister Crowley, The Confessions of Aleister Crowley: An Autohagiography