noun. ['ˈskræps'] food that is discarded (as from a kitchen).
- waste material
- waste matter
- waste product
- food waste
Words that Rhyme with Scraps
Example sentences of the word scraps
1. Noun, plural
This includes cat food, bird food and any other scraps that may be lying around.
Quotes containing the word scraps
1. I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.
- Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum
2. Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.
- Roger A. Caras
3. Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.
- Aleister Crowley, The Confessions of Aleister Crowley: An Autohagiography