noun. ['ˈsiːnɝi'] the painted structures of a stage set that are intended to suggest a particular locale.
- masking piece
- set piece
- stage set
Words that Rhyme with Scenery
How to spell scenery? Is it senery? Or scenary? Common misspellings are:
Example sentences of the word scenery
1. Noun, singular or mass
The area has beautiful lake and mountain scenery but little snow.
Quotes containing the word scenery
1. This is what love does: It makes you want to rewrite the world. It makes you want to choose the characters, build the scenery, guide the plot. The person you love sits across from you, and you want to do everything in your power to make it possible, endlessly possible. And when it’s just the two of you, alone in a room, you can pretend that this is how it is, this is how it will be.
- David Levithan, Every Day
2. Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
- Eddie Cantor
3. When a poet digs himself into a hole, he doesn't climb out. He digs deeper, enjoys the scenery, and comes out the other side enlightened.
- Criss Jami, Venus in Arms
noun. ['ˈsiːnɝi'] the appearance of a place.