Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈskɛrd'] made afraid.
Rhymes with Scared
How do you pronounce scared?
Pronounce scared as skɛrd.
US - How to pronounce scared in American English
UK - How to pronounce scared in British English
How to spell scared? Is it scard? Or scered? Common misspellings are:
Sentences with scared
1. Verb, past participle
Nothing has ever scared me in my life.
They usually bite humans only when they're feeling scared and protective.
3. Verb, past tense
For example, you might tell him how scared or lonely you feel.
Quotes about scared
1. I was born in 1949, and by the time I was 10, I figured out that my hope chest was not aimed in the same direction everybody else's was. And that life was going to be very, very complicated. And that I could either be provocative and declamatory, or shy, retiring and scared.
- Dorothy Allison
2. Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other.
- John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men
3. People worry about kids playing with guns, and teenagers watching violent videos; we are scared that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands - literally thousands - of songs about broken hearts and rejection and pain and misery and loss.
- Nick Hornby, High Fidelity