Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈsæŋktɪti'] the quality of being holy.
Rhymes with Sanctity
How do you pronounce sanctity?
Pronounce sanctity as ˈsæŋktɪti.
US - How to pronounce sanctity in American English
UK - How to pronounce sanctity in British English
Sentences with sanctity
1. Noun, singular or mass
Many secular philosophers also believe in a nonreligious sanctity of human life that would be violated by euthanasia.
Quotes about sanctity
1. I'm not in search of sanctity, sacredness, purity; these things are found after this life, not in this life; but in this life I search to be completely human: to feel, to give, to take, to laugh, to get lost, to be found, to dance, to love and to lust, to be so human.
- C. JoyBell C.
2. I cannot understand anti-abortion arguments that centre on the sanctity of life. As a species we've fairly comprehensively demonstrated that we don't believe in the sanctity of life. The shrugging acceptance of war, famine, epidemic, pain and life-long poverty shows us that, whatever we tell ourselves, we've made only the most feeble of efforts to really treat human life as sacred.
- Caitlin Moran, How to Be a Woman
3. Ignorance is hardly unusual, Miss Davar. The longer I live, the more I come to realize that it is the natural state of the human mind. There are many who will strive to defend its sanctity and then expect you to be impressed with their efforts.
- Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings