adjective. ['ˈrʌʃt'] done under pressure.
- stay in place
Rhymes with Rushed
Sentences with rushed
1. Verb, past participle
Pick a time when you can talk face-to-face without being rushed or distracted.
2. Verb, past tense
When in a hurry and rushed from point A to point B, the opportunity for stress runs rampant.
You can often identify rushed work by the sloppy handwriting and unusually high number of incorrect answers.
Quotes about rushed
1. No matter how careful you are, there's going to be the sense you missed something, the collapsed feeling under your skin that you didn't experience it all. There's that fallen heart feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should've been paying attention.Well, get used to that feeling. That's how your whole life will feel some day.This is all practice.
- Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
2. Hugh and I have been together for so long that in order to arouse extraordinary passion, we need to engage in physical combat. Once, he hit me on the back of the head with a broken wineglass, and I fell to the floor pretending to be unconscious. That was romantic, or would have been had he rushed to my side rather than stepping over my body to fetch the dustpan.
- David Sedaris, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim
3. The best things are never arrived at in haste. God is in no hurry; His plans are never rushed.
- Michael R. Phillips