noun. ['ˈraʊndɪŋ'] (mathematics) a miscalculation that results from rounding off numbers to a convenient number of decimals.
- rounding error
Words that Rhyme with Rounding
Example sentences of the word rounding
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Measure the length of the wire in feet, rounding to the nearest foot.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Think "chest up and out" to keep your back from rounding.
Quotes containing the word rounding
1. The music in his laughter had a way of rounding off the missing notes in her soul.
- Gloria Naylor, Linden Hills
2. Mathematicians finally developed a financial model to accurately compare apples and oranges. Any two kinds of fruit can be compared, although guavas still cause minor rounding errors.
- Graham Parke, No Hope for Gomez!