Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈraʊndɪŋ'] (mathematics) a miscalculation that results from rounding off numbers to a convenient number of decimals.
Rhymes with Rounding
Sentences with rounding
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Measure the length of the wire in feet, rounding to the nearest foot.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Think "chest up and out" to keep your back from rounding.
Quotes about rounding
1. The music in his laughter had a way of rounding off the missing notes in her soul.
- Gloria Naylor, Linden Hills
2. Mathematicians finally developed a financial model to accurately compare apples and oranges. Any two kinds of fruit can be compared, although guavas still cause minor rounding errors.
- Graham Parke, No Hope for Gomez!