Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈrɑːd'] any rod-shaped bacterium.
Rhymes with Rod
How do you pronounce rod?
Pronounce rod as rɑd.
US - How to pronounce rod in American English
UK - How to pronounce rod in British English
Sentences with rod
1. Noun, singular or mass
Remove the rod from the hot water and gently blot it dry with a clean towel.
2. Noun, plural
While both rod and reel play a part, the fishing reel actually holds the line.
Quotes about rod
1. If there are two men, Rod and Rob, and you can only steal from one, which one would you choose? The answer is: Whichever one is a banker.
- Jarod Kintz, Write like no one is reading 3
2. As a child abuse and neglect therapist I do battle daily with Christians enamored of the Old Testament phrase "Spare the rod and spoil the child."No matter how far I stretch my imagination, it does not stretch far enough to include the image of a cool dude like Jesus taking a rod to a kid.
- Chris Crutcher, King of the Mild Frontier: An Ill-Advised Autobiography
3. The creative mind seeks chance and accident while everyone else seeks control and order. Rod Judkins ‘Change Your Mind
- Rod Judkins, Change Your Mind: 57 Ways to Unlock Your Creative Self
adjective. resembling a rod.
noun. a rod that holds a stair-carpet in the angle between two steps.
noun. a car modified to increase its speed and acceleration.
- hot rod
adjective. formed like a bacillus.
noun. ['ˈrɑːd'] a long thin implement made of metal or wood.
- rotating shaft
- tie rod
- fishing rod
- fishing pole
- connecting rod
- control rod
noun. ['ˈrɑːd'] a visual receptor cell that is sensitive to dim light.
- retinal purple
- rod cell
- visual purple
- retinal rod
noun. ['ˈrɑːd'] a linear measure of 16.5 feet.
- linear unit
noun. ['ˈrɑːd'] a gangster's pistol.
- shooting iron
- side arm
- stay in place
noun. ['ˈrɑːd'] a square rod of land.
- square measure