Table of Contents
verb. ['rɪˈvaɪz, riːˈvaɪz'] make revisions in.
Rhymes with Revise
How do you pronounce revise?
Pronounce revise as rɪˈvaɪz.
US - How to pronounce revise in American English
UK - How to pronounce revise in British English
Sentences with revise
1. Verb, base form
Once you have a rough draft of the poem, go back and revise it.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Organizing a solid outline before you start writing can help you save time as you draft and revise.
3. Noun, singular or mass
Change vendors, revise purchasing practices or otherwise adjust your budget to accommodate this weakness.
Quotes about revise
1. Cut the ending. Revise the script. The man of her dreams is a girl.
- Julie Anne Peters, Keeping You a Secret
2. Don't live in regret! It is such a useless idea.Use the memory to prevent us do bad things!Regret is a childish wish, or an empty hope,trying to revise the bitter memory of the past.
- Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut
3. Both [Quine and Feyerabend] want to revise a version of positivism. Quine started with the Vienna Circle, and Feyerabend with the Copenhagen school of quantum mechanics. Both the Circle and the school have been called children of Ernst Mach; if so, the philosophies of Feyerabend and Quine must be his grandchildren.
- Ian Hacking, Why Does Language Matter to Philosophy?
verb. ['rɪˈvaɪz, riːˈvaɪz'] revise or reorganize, especially for the purpose of updating and improving.
- shake up
noun. ['rɪˈvaɪz, riːˈvaɪz'] the act of rewriting something.