Table of Contents
adjective. ['rɪˈtɝːnɪŋ, riːˈtɝːnɪŋ'] tending to return to an earlier state.
Rhymes with Returning
Sentences with returning
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Returning the rotor surface to this state is called returning it to "true."
Quotes about returning
1. That was the day I began cutting classes and returning to TV tapings; it ultimately led to a friendship with Johnny O, and an increasing fascination and respect for what he did.
- Randy West
2. When I open them, most of the books have the smell of an earlier time leaking out between the pages - a special odor of the knowledge and emotions that for ages have been calmly resting between the covers. Breathing it in, I glance through a few pages before returning each book to its shelf.
- Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore
3. Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking; You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.
- Cindy Ross
adjective. ['rɪˈtɝːnɪŋ, riːˈtɝːnɪŋ'] tending to be turned back.