Table of Contents
noun. ['rɪˈpɛntəns'] remorse for your past conduct.
Rhymes with Repentance
How do you pronounce repentance?
Pronounce repentance as rɪˈpɛntəns.
US - How to pronounce repentance in American English
UK - How to pronounce repentance in British English
Sentences with repentance
1. Noun, singular or mass
Ask your students to reflect on their own sins as they work through the steps of repentance.
Quotes about repentance
1. Low self-esteem causes me to believe that I have so little worth that my response does not matter. With repentance, however, I understand that being worth so much to God is why my response is so important. Repentance is remedial work to mend our minds and hearts, which get bent by sin.
- John Ortberg Jr., The Me I Want to Be: Becoming God's Best Version of You
2. Accomplishments don’t erase shame, hatred, cruelty, silence, ignorance, discrimination, low self-esteem or immorality. It covers it up, with a creative version of pride and ego. Only restitution, forgiving yourself and others, compassion, repentance and living with dignity will ever erase the past.
- Shannon L. Alder
3. The church is not a theological classroom. It is a conversion, confession, repentance, reconciliation, forgiveness and sanctification center, where flawed people place their faith in Christ, gather to know and love him better, and learn to love others as he designed.
- Paul David Tripp, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change