verb. ['rɪˈlaɪ, riːˈlaɪ'] have confidence or faith in.
- active trust
- passive trust
- relier (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
- religo (Latin)
Rhymes with Rely
How do you pronounce rely?
Pronounce rely as rɪˈlaɪ.
US - How to pronounce rely in American English
UK - How to pronounce rely in British English
Sentences with rely
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Cats rely heavily on their sense of smell for the purpose of eating.
2. Verb, base form
This may take extra effort and you'll have to rely on third party non official information.
Quotes about rely
1. Women, as they grow older, rely more and more on cosmetics. Men, as they grow older, rely more and more on a sense of humor.
- George Jean Nathan
2. In rough times, pathfinders rely on work, friends, humor and prayer. They develop a support network.
- Gail Sheehy
3. Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.