verb. ['riːˈlɪv'] experience again, often in the imagination.
- live over
- live (English)
- liven (Middle English (1100-1500))
- re- (English)
Rhymes with Relive
Sentences with relive
1. Verb, base form
Rotate the pulley toward the center of the engine to relive tension on the belt.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Return to the location where you honeymooned and relive the memories of your first few days as a newlywed.
Quotes about relive
1. You couldn't relive your life, skipping the awful parts, without losing what made it worthwhile. You had to accept it as a whole--like the world, or the person you loved.
- Stewart O'Nan, The Odds: A Love Story
2. Right then, I wanted to go back in time and relive every moment with him. One more secret smile, one more shared laugh. One more electric kiss. Finding him was like finding someone I didn't know I was searching for. He’d come into my life too late, and now was leaving too soon. I remembered him telling me he’d give up everything for me. He already had.
- Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush
3. Maybe the only good thing about death is that you never have to relive it. You never have to remember the pain.
- Pittacus Lore, The Fallen Legacies