Table of Contents
noun. ['rəˈfjuːzəl, rɪˈfjuːzəl'] the act of refusing.
Rhymes with Refusal
Sentences with refusal
1. Noun, singular or mass
People suffering from eating disorders often find ways to hide their weight and hair loss and refusal to eat.
Quotes about refusal
1. I am your Prince and you will marry me,"Humperdinck said.Buttercup whispered, "I am your servant and I refuse.""I am you Prince and you cannot refuse.""I am your loyal servant and I just did.""Refusal means death.""Kill me then.
- William Goldman, The Princess Bride
2. The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes.
- C. JoyBell C.
3. The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist; a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain.
- Ursula K. Le Guin, The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas
noun. ['rəˈfjuːzəl, rɪˈfjuːzəl'] a message refusing to accept something that is offered.
- subject matter