noun. ['rɪˈkʌvri, rɪˈkʌvɝi'] return to an original state.
Words that Rhyme with Recovery
Example sentences of the word recovery
1. Noun, singular or mass
Immediately following a partial hysterectomy, expect to recuperate in the recovery room for about three hours.
Quotes containing the word recovery
1. Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2. I can only hope the federal aid made available today will be sufficient in our recovery efforts, and pray that our citizens continue to be safe from the fallout of this dangerous natural disaster.
- Mike Rogers
3. You can exist without your soul, you know, as long as your brain and heart are still working. But you’ll have no sense of self anymore, no memory, no . . . anything. There’s no chance at all of recovery. You’ll just — exist. As an empty shell. And your soul is gone forever . . . lost.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
noun. ['rɪˈkʌvri, rɪˈkʌvɝi'] the act of regaining or saving something lost (or in danger of becoming lost).
- human activity
- human action
noun. ['rɪˈkʌvri, rɪˈkʌvɝi'] gradual healing (through rest) after sickness or injury.