adjective. ['rəˈkʌvɝɪŋ, rɪˈkʌvɝɪŋ'] returning to health after illness or debility.
Words that Rhyme with Recovering
Example sentences of the word recovering
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
This bat was severely over hunted for food in Papua in the 1970s and the population is not recovering.
Quotes containing the word recovering
1. What's this?"he demanded, looking from Clary to his companions, as if they might know what she was doing there."It's a girl,"Jace said,recovering his composure. "Surely you've seen girls before, Alec. Your sister Isabelle is one.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. Why did they believe? Because they saw miracles. Things one man took as chance, a man of faith took as a sign. A loved one recovering from disease, a fortunate business deal, a chance meeting with a long lost friend. It wasn't the grand doctrines or the sweeping ideals that seemed to make believers out of men. It was the simple magic in the world around them.
- Brandon Sanderson, The Hero of Ages