Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈriːsəntli, ˈriːsənli'] in the recent past.
- of late
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- recent (English)
- recens (Latin)
Rhymes with Recently
How do you spell recently? Is it recentley ?
A common misspelling of recently is recentley
Sentences with recently
As you reopen tabs, more closed tabs that you closed less recently take their place in the list.
Quotes about recently
1. I collect art. I just recently bought two gorgeous photographs of Marilyn Monroe by international photographer Eve Arnold and I know it sounds horrible but when she dies all her pictures are going to be worth triple. But I won't tell you how much I got them for - let's just say it was a lot.
- Melanie Brown
2. My brother and I had a real love-hate relationship with my success. There was some bitterness there that I didn't understand until recently, but I told him that if I ever did a record I wanted him to play on it.
- Jimmy Chamberlin
3. The only French word I know is oui, which means “yes,” and only recently did I learn it’s spelled o-u-i and not w-e-e.
- Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss