adverb. ['ˈrɛdəli'] in a punctual manner.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- ready (English)
- redy (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Readily
How do you spell readily? Is it readly ?
A common misspelling of readily is readly
Example sentences of the word readily
Iron is found in a variety of foods, but some sources are more readily absorbed than others.
Quotes containing the word readily
1. For many of us, clean water is so plentiful and readily available that we rarely, if ever, pause to consider what life would be like without it.
- Marcus Samuelsson
2. Yahweh: You've been unhappy because you've desired things that cannot be.Lucifer: That's what desire IS. The need for what we can't have. The need for what's readily available is called greed.
- Mike Carey, Lucifer, Vol. 11: Evensong
3. Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope.
- James E. Faust