Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈrætəl'] make short successive sounds.
Rhymes with Rattle
Sentences with rattle
1. Verb, base form
This levels the appliance so it will not rattle while in use.
2. Noun, singular or mass
A rattle works for nearly any behavior problems your dog has.
Harvest dried shelling beans once the pods are dry and the beans rattle inside.
Quotes about rattle
1. You could rattle the stars,"she whispered. "You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.
- Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass
2. People talk about books being an escape, but here on the tube, this one feels more like a lifeline...The motion of the train makes her head rattle, but her eyes lock on the words the way a figure skater might choose a focal point as she spins, and just like that, she's grounded again.
- Jennifer E. Smith, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
3. Some days you must learn a great deal. But you should also have days when you allow what is already in you to swell up and touch everything. If you never let that happen, then you just accumulate facts, and they begin to rattle around inside of you.
- E.L. Konigsburg
noun. North American bugbane found from Maine and Ontario to Wisconsin and south to Georgia.
verb. ['ˈrætəl'] shake and cause to make a rattling noise.
noun. ['ˈrætəl'] a rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
noun. ['ˈrætəl'] loosely connected horny sections at the end of a rattlesnake's tail.