adverb. ['ˈrɛrli'] not often.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- rare (English)
- rare (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Rarely
Sentences with rarely
They are also intended for personal use, meaning they are rarely used by more than one person.
Quotes about rarely
1. It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.
- Leonardo da Vinci
2. Great men are rarely isolated mountain peaks; they are the summits of ranges.
- Thomas W. Higginson
3. The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest