Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈreɪzɪn'] dried grape.
- seedless raisin
- dried fruit
- seeded raisin
- raisin (Old French (842-ca. 1400))
- racemus (Latin)
Rhymes with Raisin
Sentences with raisin
1. Noun, singular or mass
Test one raisin to see if it is dry all the way through.
Quotes about raisin
1. HarlemWhat happens to a dream deferred?Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like a sore-- And then run? Does it stink like rotten meat? Or crust and sugar over-- like a syrupy sweet?Maybe it just sags like a heavy load.Or does it explode?
- Langston Hughes, The Collected Poems
2. A raisin on the ground is full of hope that if it just keeps aging, it will turn into wine and get drunk on its wrinkly self.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
noun. cookie filled with a paste of raisins and nuts.