adjective. ['ˌreɪdiːoʊˈæktɪv'] exhibiting or caused by radioactivity.
Words that Rhyme with Radioactive
Example sentences of the word radioactive
In a healthy person, the radioactive material will be dispersed evenly throughout the body.
2. Verb, base form
Minors may not be employed as drivers, and they may not be exposed to radioactive substances.
Quotes containing the word radioactive
1. I don't know how you persist in being so stubborn-""It's a superpower. I was bitten by a radioactive mule.
- Shannon Hale, The Actor and the Housewife
2. When a reader falls in love with a book, it leaves its essence inside him, like radioactive fallout in an arable field, and after that there are certain crops that will no longer grow in him, while other, stranger, more fantastic growths may occasionally be produced."[Books vs. Goons, L.A. Times, April 24, 2005]
- Salman Rushdie
3. I am a member of a fragile species, still new to the earth, the youngest creatures of any scale, here only a few moments as evolutionary time is measured, a juvenile species, a child of a species. We are only tentatively set in place, error prone, at risk of fumbling, in real danger at the moment of leaving behind only a thin layer of of our fossils, radioactive at that.
- Lewis Thomas, Fragile Species