noun. ['ˈreɪsɪŋ'] the sport of engaging in contests of speed.
- horse racing
- auto racing
- greyhound racing
- car racing
- boat racing
- camel racing
Rhymes with Racing
Sentences with racing
1. Noun, singular or mass
There are many events in the neighborhood including dog shows, NASCAR racing, and golf tournaments.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Motor mounts are stressed by driving aggressively on the street or by racing at the track.
Quotes about racing
1. You don't suffer, kill yourself and take the risks I take just for money. I love bike racing.
- Greg LeMond
2. In closing I wish to say that while I was sorely beset by a number of white riders in my racing days, I have also enjoyed the friendship of countless thousands of white men whom I class as among my closest friends.
- Major Taylor
3. There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose.
- Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain