Synonyms
Antonyms
Etymology

1. rabbi

noun. ['ˈræˌbaɪ'] spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation; qualified to expound and apply Jewish law.

Synonyms

  • spiritual leader
  • amora

Antonyms

  • layman

Etymology

  • rabbi (Latin)
  • ῥαββί (Ancient Greek (to 1453))

Featured Games

Rhymes with Rabbi

  • alibi
  • flyby
  • goodby
  • lullaby
  • overbuy

How do you pronounce rabbi?

Pronounce rabbi as ˈræˌbaɪ.

US - How to pronounce rabbi in American English

UK - How to pronounce rabbi in British English

Sentences with rabbi


1. Noun, singular or mass
Kosher food is not blessed by a rabbi because a blessing would not make the food kosher.

Quotes about rabbi


1. A disciple came to the celebrated Master of the Good Name with a question. “Rabbi, how are we to distinguish between a true master and a fake?” And the master of the good name said, “When you meet a person who poses as a master, ask him a question: whether he knows how to purify your thoughts. If he says that he knows, then he is a fake.
- Elie Wiesel

2. Breathe inhale.exhalerepeatThat should solve 90% of your problems.For the other 10% ask your local Rabbi.
- Beryl Dov

2. Rabbi

noun. a Hebrew title of respect for a Jewish scholar or teacher.

Synonyms

  • title
  • form of address
Synonym.com