adjective. ['ˈpʌzəld'] filled with bewilderment.
Words that Rhyme with Puzzled
Example sentences of the word puzzled
1. Verb, past participle
You might be puzzled as to why this person chooses to go through life friendless.
As the house was being built, it attracted puzzled passersby.
Quotes containing the word puzzled
1. I am not forgotten, you know, no, I still receive a very great deal of fan mail.. . . Gladys Gudgeon writes weekly. . . . I just wish I knew why. . . .”He paused, looking faintly puzzled, then beamed again and returned to his signing with renewed vigor. “I suspect it is simply my good looks. . . .
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2. Want to know the best part of being a warlord?' came a hoarse whisper.I bit my lip, puzzled by the question.Keir’s mouth curled up slowly into a smile. 'I always get what I want.
- Elizabeth Vaughan, Warprize
3. You may not see it now,"said the Princess of Pure Reason, looking knowingly at Milo's puzzled face, "but whatever we learn has a purpose and whatever we do affects everything and everyone else, if even in the tiniest way.
- Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth