adjective. ['pɝˈsuːɪŋ'] following in order to overtake or capture or as accompaniment to such pursuit.
Words that Rhyme with Pursuing
Example sentences of the word pursuing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
They will keep running if they hear something is pursuing them.
Quotes containing the word pursuing
1. Success is about enjoying what you have and where you are, while pursuing achievable goals.
- Bo Bennett
2. The Road goes ever on and onDown from the door where it began.Now far ahead the Road has gone,And I must follow, if I can,Pursuing it with eager feet,Until it joins some larger wayWhere many paths and errands meet.And whither then? I cannot say
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
3. There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby